Clyde Muirshiel is an Approved Activity Provider by DofE Scotland and can plan, arrange, run training & expeditions suited to your group & desired location.
For more information or to discuss your DofE requirements contact a member of our team.
E: DofE@clydemuirshiel.co.uk T: 01505 842 882
Participants undertaking the volunteering section of their DofE award can get involved in lots of exciting projects within the Park.
You can volunteer with the Ranger Service to help with lots of conservation tasks. This can include:
- Woodland management
- Building wildlife gardens
- Path work
- Creating willow sculptures
Volunteer to work along side our Outdoor Activities team in their work providing sailing opportunities to people of all abilities:
- Assist with delivering sailing sessions
- Help with our annual Scottish Multi-Class Regatta
- Includes disability awareness training
- Sailing experience is not required
Volunteer to work alongside our Outdoor Activities staff and learn all about Clyde Muirshiel Regional Park
- Delivered as an ongoing activity for up to 6 months
- Shadow our staff and assist with a wide range of tasks
As a DofE Approved Activity Provider we can create tailor made expedition packages to suit your groups requirements depending on:
- The level of award being undertaken
- Supervision and assessment needs
- Group size
- Training and kit requirements
- Method of transport (sailing, paddling and cycling can be options as well as walking)
Clyde Muirshiel’s specialist and highly trained instructors can also lead expeditions for groups with additional support needs due to the wide range of adapted kit owned by the Park.
We can arrange for expeditions both within Clyde Muirshiel Regional Park and at alternative sites.
We offer a number of different courses to help you to fulfil the requirements of the skills section of your Duke of Edinburgh Award. Below is a list of the courses that we can offer.
- Wildlife survey training
- Peer education
- Event planning
- Committee skills
- Wildlife photography
- Rope and knot work
- RYA Day Skipper
- RYA Navigation and Seamanship
- First Aid and safety
Our high qualified DofE staff are able to deliver training in a range of different activities to fulfil the requirements of the physical section of the Duke of Edinburgh Award. We can deliver courses in:
- Dinghy sailing
- Mountain biking
The length of these courses will vary depending on the sport and existing skill level.