Choose Month: 2021 August / September / October / November / December / 2022 January / February / March / April / May / June / July / August / September / October
If the event you want is full or not listed, we may be able to help. Please email email@example.com
- This event has passed.
Please read the Current Covid procedures Castle Semple
Time: 9.30am – 4pm, both days
Course length: 12 hours
Minimum age: 15 year old
Minimum number on course: 2
Maximum number on course: 3
To become a competent sailor in light winds. By the end of the course, the successful sailor will be safety conscious and be capable of sailing without an instructor on board in light winds. It will be assumed that every student starting this course has already mastered the practical skills and absorbed the background knowledge required for Start Sailing Level 1.
More information on RYA courses is available at http://www.rya.org.uk/
Candidates must be water confident.
You will need:
• Windproof / Waterproof jacket, trousers
• Warm Clothing that you don’t mind getting wet (no jeans)
• Old trainers or wellies to get wet
• Full change of clothing, including shoes
• Wash kit & towel
• Protection against the sun, i.e. hat, glasses & sun cream.
• Food is available in the café on site or you may want to bring your own.