Choose Month: December / January 2021 / February / March / April / May / June / July / August / September / October / November / December
If the event you want is full or not listed, we may be able to help. Please email email@example.com
- This event has passed.
Maximum number on course – 8
Successful performance at this level indicates that the paddler can consider themselves an intermediate Sea Kayaker. They can do this in a competent manner as part of a led group and have the knowledge and ability to help the smooth running of a trip while being led on the Sea
Participants must be water confident and be able to swim in light clothing.
Must have evidence of at least 3 journeys on sheltered water and 3 journeys.
i.e. have completed the 2 Star Award Assessment or have evidence of a similar level of experience
You will need
· Windproof / Waterproof jacket, trousers
· Warm Clothing that you don’t mind getting wet (no jeans)
· Old trainers
· Full change of clothing, including shoes
· Wash kit & towel
· Protection against the sun, i.e. hat, glasses & sun cream.
· Food is available in the café on site or you may want to bring your own.
· Any relevant medication
· Participants consolidate this with a 3 star Assessment.
· Do a first aid course, Available at Castle Semple Centre 01505 842 882
· Join a kayak/canoe club Details can be found at Scottish Canoe Association www.canoescotland.org