Choose Month: December / January 2021 / February / March / April / May / June / July / August
If the event you want is full or not listed, we may be able to help. Please email email@example.com
- This event has passed.
Maximum number on course – 8
This is an improvement award that helps paddlers develop fundamental paddlesport skills on flat water. The emphasis is on gaining breadth of experience, creating the desired movement of the boat and developing an understanding into how the paddle, boat and water interact.
The award is obtained by taking the assessment in both a kayak and a canoe.
Participants must be water confident and be able to swim in light clothing.
Must have experience of paddling two different craft, in two different locations and have competed in two competitions OR have completed two journeys of at least two hours in duration.
i.e. have completed the 1 Star Award or paddlesport Start.
You will need
• Windproof / Waterproof jacket, trousers
• Warm Clothing that you don’t mind getting wet (no jeans)
• Old trainers
• Full change of clothing, including shoes
• Wash kit & towel
• Protection against the sun, i.e. hat, glasses & sun cream.
• Food is available in the café on site or you may want to bring your own.
• Any relevant medication