Car park, walks and trails open all day every day.
Castle Semple Cafe is open daily 10am-4pm with coffee, light refreshments, ice cream and snacks. Outdoor Toilets open 9am-4pm daily.
Castle Semple Visitor Centre and Country Park, Lochlip Road.
Lochwinnoch, Renfrewshire, PA12 4EA. Telephone: 0300 300 0200 Option 1.
For how to find us see Directions to Castle Semple
From high heather moor, woodland glen and rocky shoreline or freshwater loch there are many formal and informal outdoor learning opportunities.
For more information, visit our “Outdoor Activities” section.
- Find a lookooterie or two on the Semple Trail
- Walk (or cycle) the 4km Johnshill Loop taking in Parkhill Wood and the lochside.
- Visit by bicycle! The Centre is on Sustrans off road cycle route 7 Glasgow – Irvine. Seasonal Bike Hire also available on site
- Feed the ducks or enjoy a family friendly Event with the Countryside Rangers – advanced booking on event days essential.
- Enjoy a coffee or an ice-cream and the lovely view from the Visitor Centre Café.
- Outdoor Activity Group Taster Sessions and Courses – advanced booking essential
- Semple Estate Historic Map & Exhibition – please phone in advance to check access if coming specifically for this.
Local Clubs such as Rowing, Sailing, Kayaking, Windsurfing and Fishing
- Fishing Permits – Permits for coarse (non-migratory) fishing on Castle Semple Loch are available from the Visitor Centre. The loch has perch, pike and roach. Eels can also be caught. Local clubs St Winnoch Angling Club or Castle Angling Club can give you more information on boats and have the rights for migratory species such as salmon and trout. Local fisheries include Howwood. See the club Fishing FAQ.