Greenock Cut Centre
Cornalees Bridge near Inverkip
Inverclyde PA16 9LX
Tel: 01475 521 458
OS Landranger 63 NS 246 721
Please see Opening Hours for access to facilities at Greenock Cut Visitor Centre, cafe and toilets. Tracks, trails and car parks are open all day, every day.
Top 5 To Do’s
1. Do the Greenock Cut, the 12km circular sign posted route is rated as one of the top 50 walks in Scotland.
2. Take the children Wood Spirit Hunting round the 3km Nature Trail in Shielhill Glen
3. View the interactive Greenock Cut exhibition that explains Robert Thom’s 1820’s engineering.
4. Climb Dunrod Hill for panoramic views of the Clyde and the Isles
5. Join the Rangers on an event or talk to them about organising your own event on site.
• Countryside Ranger Service provide an environmental education programme and offer advice about local walking and cycling routes and wildlife.
• History and Heritage: Aircraft Crashes – see an old engine onsite and download the fact sheet in the History section.
• Events and outdoor activities – look on the events/courses pages for details.
• The Visitor Centre with refreshments and small gift shop is open at weekends and by arrangement in summer providing information on what to do and see.
• The Special Protection Area runs south of the site because there has been an international important breeding population of hen harriers.