- This event has passed.
Please check in at Reception 15 minutes before the course start time.
Venue – Castle Semple Centre, Lochwinnoch.
Maximum number in each course – 12
LEVEL / TIME:
Level 1 and 2 coaches
BACKGROUND / AIMS
This module has been introduced in recognition of the hundreds of thousands of young people who are instructed by BCU coaches every year and the importance of providing the best support and help to meet their needs. It is designed to help coaches who may work with young people aiming at Olympic success or those providing someone’s very first experience in paddlesport. It aims to help coaches deliver sessions in a way that meet young paddlers needs, so that they want to come back for more and that they help young paddlers to be the best they can be, whatever their ability or aspirations.
• Describe the benefits of adapting practice and behaviour to meet the needs of young people
• Plan and deliver coaching sessions to maximize learning and enjoyment
• Recognise young peoples needs based on their physical, social and psychological development
• Recognise the diversity of Paddlesport and the benefits to young people
• List the BCU, SCA, WCA youth initiatives and have discussed methods and issues relating to implementation at their club/centre
• Apply good practice when coaching young people
By the participant: The course fee will be payable, in every case, unless cancelled giving 7 days notice. A refund will be at the discretion of Clyde Muirshiel Park Authority. Cancellations can be made by calling Castle Semple Centre on 01505 842 882.
By The Park: The Park Authority reserves the right to cancel any course at the discretion of the Duty Manager. For example, inclement weather. Full or partial refunds or new dates will be given in this instance.
· You may want to bring some money for a drink and snack as there may be short breaks
especially on foul weather days.
· Your change of clothing, including shoes on all days.