Choose Month: November / December / January / February / March / April / May / June / July / August
If the event you want is full or not listed, we may be able to help. Please email email@example.com
Please be at the Centre at least 15 minutes before the start time.
Venue – Largs Marina
Course length – 12 hours excluding breaks
Minimum age – 16yrs
Maximum number on course – 6
Successful performance at this level indicates that the paddler can consider themselves an intermediate sea kayaker. They can do this in a competent manner as part of a led group and have the knowledge and ability to help the smooth running of a trip while being led on the sea
If successful, the certification fee will be required, £12 for members of the SCA and £25 for non-members.
Participants must be water confident and be able to swim in light clothing.
Must have evidence of at least 3 journeys on sheltered water and 3 journeys.
i.e. have completed the 2 Star Award Assessment or have evidence of a similar level of experience
You will need
· Windproof / waterproof jacket, trousers
· Warm clothing that you don’t mind getting wet (no jeans)
· Old trainers
· Full change of clothing, including shoes
· Wash kit & towel
· Protection against the sun, i.e. hat, glasses & sun cream.
· Food is available in the café on site or you may want to bring your own.
· Any relevent medication
By the participant. The course fee will be payable, in every case, unless cancelled giving 7 days notice. A refund will be at the discretion of Clyde Muirshiel Park Authority. Cancellations can be made by calling Castle Semple Centre on 01505 842 882.
By The Park. The Park Authority reserves the right to cancel any course at the discretion of the Senior Instructor. For example, inclement weather, insufficient course numbers. Full refunds or new dates will be given in this instance.
· Participants consolidate this with a 3 star assesment.
· Do a first aid course, avaliable at Castle Semple Centre for groups of 6 or more 01505 842 882
· Join a kayak/canoe club details can be found at Scottish Canoe Association www.canoescotland.org