- This event has passed.
Maximum number on course – 6
Successful performance at this level indicates that the paddler can consider themselves an intermediate kayaker/canoeist, as they can now paddle on moving waters. They can do this in a competent manner as part of a led group and have the knowledge and ability to help the smooth running of a trip while being led down a section of a grade two river.
The award is obtained by taking the assessment in either a kayak or a canoe.
More information on the award scheme and kayak/canoe club Details can be found at:
Scottish Canoe Association www.canoescotland.org.uk
Participants must be water confident and be able to swim in light clothing.
Must have evidence of at least 3 journeys on sheltered water and 3 journeys on moving water including grade two.
i.e. have completed the 2 Star Award Assessment or have evidence of a similar level of experience
You will need
• Windproof / Waterproof jacket, trousers
• Warm Clothing that you don’t mind getting wet (no jeans)
• Old trainers
• Full change of clothing, including shoes
• Wash kit & towel
• Protection against the sun, i.e. hat, glasses & sun cream.
• Food is available in the café on site or you may want to bring your own.
• Any relevant medication