Maximum number on course – 8
Time 9.30am – 4pm.
The 1 star is a clear stepping stone to becoming a paddler. Designed as a basic award, the one star is the level people would typically reach after an introductory course of 6 hours quality water time. The award is obtained by taking the assessment in any style of kayak or canoe.
More information on the award scheme and kayak/canoe club Details can be found at:
Participants must be water confident and be able to swim in light clothing.
You will need
• Windproof / Waterproof jacket, trousers
• Warm Clothing that you don’t mind getting wet (no jeans)
• Old trainers
• Full change of clothing, including shoes
• Wash kit & towel
• Protection against the sun, i.e. hat, glasses & sun cream.
• Food is available in the café on site or you may want to bring your own.
• Any relevant medication